SOLAR KIT - "ON GRID"
IS THIS SOLAR PANEL KIT RIGHT FOR ME?
Small systems such as 1000 Watt or 2000 Watt or 3000 Watt microinverter kit are great entry level packages to get you going with solar. The high efficiency modules don't take up much roof space, but the energy they produce can offset small and medium size loads like lighting, television and your kitchen appliances.
The daily average 4 units generated by a 1000 Watt system systems is great for a person who is already a conservative user of electricity. The average Indian uses 500 units (kWh) per month. Based on that average daily use over 30 days is about 16 units. Thus a typical 1000 Watt system could provide 90-100% of savings. If you're a below average consumer, a smaller system also is possible which might be all you need to get started then expand your system later.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN MY 1000 WATT (1.15 KW DC) SOLAR INSTALLATION KIT?
Typical 1 kW system can consists:
- SOLAR PANELS – 3 x 385 Watt Tier-1 72-cell mono-PERC crystalline panels with 25 year performance warranties.
- MICROINVERTER – 3 x Enphase IQ7+ Micro Inverters with DC connectors to module and with AC Q-cable
- MOUNTING SYSTEM – Alumunium mounts the solar panels to your roof.
- SYSTEM MONITORING - Free with every kit purchase! View and analyze your solar energy production in real-time.
- SYSTEM DESIGN AND FINANCIAL ANALYSIS - We custom engineer this system for your roof and calculate the payback on your solar investment.
- NOT INCLUDED– Wire to meter panel, conduit, fittings, breakers, AC Disconnects (if required), junction boxes and a sub panel (if required). All these items can be purchased at any electrical supply shop, Home Depot or Lowes, and will typically cost Rs 10000 to 15000. Our technical support representative will provide a list once your plans are complete. Permissions of statutory authorities as per applicable rules to be taken before work execution. Plans, interconnection, and any other services are not included in this kit, but available for an additional fee.
HOW EASY IS IT TO INSTALL?
- You can install a 1000 Watt or 1 kW solar system generally in one day.
- Our kits use industry leading solar panels, inverters specifically selected and combined to make do-it-yourself installation possible.
- A homeowner who has wired an AC outlet and is comfortable working on their roof can install our Solar kit.
- The micro-inverters in our kits have significantly improved the safety of installing a solar panel system by generating standard AC power instead of dangerous DC power.
- Micro-inverters allow you to have as few or as many panels as you like and to easily expand your system later. They simplify installation as well as allowing monitoring of each module independently. Since each panel is an individual system they maximize the power output from each panel resulting in an average 10% increase in power generation per panel.
- If self-installation is not for you, we can help you find a local solar contractor to help you with the process.
WHAT IS THE INSTALLATION PROCESS?
A typical solar roof mounted system for a home can be installed within 1-2 days once a government utility permit is obtained from your city or town. After that, it’s just 5 easy steps until you’re producing power from the sun.
- Take your plan/drawing to your city or town official and apply for a permit to install. The plan review process can take up to 10 days. Once the city or town approves your plans and issues your permission and net metering agreement you may begin installing your solar system.
- First, the mounting system must be installed. This is the most laborious process of the solar installation process. You have to locate the frames onroof of your home and secure the system directly to them.
- Once the mounting system is on your roof, the solar panels and inverters can be quickly installed. The inverter(s) are then tied into the grid through a dedicated breaker in your main service panel.
- When the installation is complete, your city or townutility company official must sign off on it. You can accomplish this by scheduling an inspection meeting with them.
- Lastly, you must send the final product installation specifications, electrical wiring paperwork, and your completion report to your utility. They will then grant you Permission to Operate by issuing a sync certificate. It can take up to 2 weeks after passing inspection for your utility to provide you Permission to Operate.
- Our job is not over until your system is producing clean energy from the sun! We offer you support throughout the installation process with manuals, videos, and technical support.
HOW MUCH SHOULD I PAY A CONTRACTOR TO INSTALL THE SOLAR KIT?
Any licensed general, electrical or solar contractor can install solar kits. If you select to hire a contractor to install your solar kit, you should expect to pay approximately (Contact Company) per watt for labor, wire, conduit, fittings, breakers and other miscellaneous electrical components to complete the solar system installation. For a 2 kW (kilowatt) system, which is 2,000 watts, you can expect to pay (Contact Company) for installation. If needed, we can assist you with finding a contractor.
CAN YOU INSTALL THE SOLAR KIT ON MY HOME FOR ME?
Yes! As a licensed Class-1 electrical contractor can provide complete solar installation for residential homes at highly competitive pricing. Sit back and enjoy a complete turn-key solar installation at lower rates than conventional.
WHY CHOOSE GRID-TIE MICROINVERTERS?
- Safer: The system does not employ dangerous, unprotected high DC voltages, eliminating the risk of potential fires as outlined above. The system’s cabling through the roof to your switchboard is regular 240V AC, the same as all other household cabling, and is circuit protected via a circuit breaker in your switchboard.
- Shade tolerant and fault redundancy: Each solar panel operates independently, as it has its own dedicated micro inverter. The result is that the system does not suffer from the ‘Christmas light effect’ explained above; one shaded or soiled panel will result in a loss of power from that panel only, and will not drag down the performance of the others. The same goes for any fault; in a conventional DC solar system, a complete failure of a solar panel or central string inverter will usually result in an entire system failure.
- Easily expandable: The system size is not ultimately dictated by the capacity of a wall mounted string inverter, allowing for additional panels to be added at any time and only limited by your roof space and budget.
Your Complete Solar Kit is based on the best micro-inverters in the business. These inverters are backed by world class technical & customer support. They come with an unparalleled extendable warranty upto 25 year that matches the 25 years performance module warranty.
FREE SYSTEM MONITORING: ENVOY AND THE ENPHASE HOME ENERGY SOLUTION
The Enphase IQ Envoy enables remote system monitoring and update capabilities for Enphase IQ microinverter systems. The IQ Envoy communicates with IQ microinverters, transmitting performance and production data which can be viewed either directly from the IQ Envoy or online from any internet-connected device. The IQ Envoy is easy to install with integrated Wi-Fi and ethernet connection options. Enphase also offers cellular data plans for monitoring sites where an internet connection isn’t available. The IQ Envoy is capable of revenue-grade metering and meets ANSI C12.20 standards.